Thursday, June 19, 2014

Rock'n Dough Pizza Co.

Tuesday morning Boo Bear and I found ourselves all alone (Little Foot was at camp for the day) and in the mood for something a little special for lunch. I decided it was the perfect opportunity to try a slice at Rock'n Dough Pizza Co.!


I've passed this pizzeria (located at Poplar/Ridgeway) many, many times but had never had a chance to stop in. Well, all that changes today my friend!

Their menu is impressive. They offer several tempting specialty pizzas (including the "Ol' Smokey Pie" and the "Fun Guy Pie"), plus custom pizzas, grinders and salads. On this particular day Boo Bear and I chose to share a small "Cheese Pie," consisting of just red sauce and mozzarella.


The space was great; very clean, bright colors and great lighting, plus a huge flat screen TV. I can see this place being a big attraction to both 9-5-ers on weekdays and sports fans on weekends :)


Remember how I said Boo Bear and I split a small? Yeah, in most other joints this would easily be considered a medium, maybe even a large. We couldn't wait to dive in, but we definitely knew we'd be needing a to-go box for leftovers!


I would describe Rock'n Dough pizza as very "New York-style"; thin and easy to fold, light on the sauce. The taste was quite good; sauce was yummy, cheese was high-quality, crust was solid (if not quite as outstanding as Aldo's). My only critique might be the high cheese-to-crust ratio, which resulted in an almost too-greasy slice.

Bottom line: Would I eat there again? They make a good pie, man. While I might not venture out on my own to eat there again, I certainly wouldn't turn down a friend's invitation if they wanted to stop in for a slice :)

Rock'n Dough Pizza Co.
1243 Ridgeway Rd.
Memphis, TN 38119

Rock'n Dough Pizza Co. on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment