Wednesday, May 14, 2014

The Elegant Farmer

Last Saturday afternoon after visiting the Memphis Greek Festival, the fam and I headed a little way's down Highland for a late lunch at The Elegant Farmer. Mom had heard raves about this "elevated comfort food" dining spot from several people and had been wanting to check it out. Count me in!
 
 
(I didn't realize it until after we arrived, but I'd actually dined in this space several years ago when it was a tea room called Crumpets.)
 



After settling into our seats and placing our orders (that was the hard part--everything looked delicious!), I took a minute to take a few photos of our surroundings.

(Please pardon the blurriness; must've momentarily lost my mind or something.)

Are these stained glass windows not amazing?

Such a beautifully restored space; literally the perfect lunch spot.

In no time flat our orders were on the table. The three girls weren't very hungry (plus I think we were saving our appetites for some Greek desserts), so we shared a couple of their more tempting salads. I went with an "Elegant Salad" (fresh greens, juicy local tomatoes, crisp local bacon, housemade croutons, rich Creole mustard vinaigrette topped with a farm fresh deviled egg) and opted to top it with one of their famous salmon patties.


It was a good, good opt :) I mean, let's just take look at that bad boy!

The patty itself was bursting with yummy salmon goodness, but it was the rich Creole remoulade that made it sing. Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

My sister chose the "Chicken Tostada" (savory chicken, fresh greens, queso fresco, avocado, chili-lime sour cream and fresh cilantro with a freshly fried local corn tortilla, summer pea relish). It was absolutely delicious!


Dad went for the "Sloppy Joe" (Donnell Century Farms ground beef, root vegetables simmered in a spicy-sweet-savory-chunky tomato sauce, grilled bakery bun) with a side of "Mac 'n Cheese." He said the former was awesome, and I can personally vouch for the yumminess of the latter ;)


We all pretty much shared off each other's plates and really enjoyed sampling a good bit of The Elegant Farmer's menu offerings. I can honestly say it was one of the best meals I've enjoyed in a while--everything was so delicious and fresh. A must-try!



Tip: Be sure to browse the adjoining antiques store before you leave. It's a bit pricey, but the selection is amazing and the ladies behind the counter are sweet as can be!

Bottom line: Would I eat there again? In a heartbeat :)

The Elegant Farmer
262 S Highland St
Memphis, TN 38111

The Elegant Farmer on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment