Friday, January 3, 2014

Booksellers Bistro

Last weekend while shopping for supplies for Little Foot's upcoming birthday party, I stopped into The Booksellers at Laurelwood to warm up, browse for books and (of course) grab a bite to eat.
 

I hadn't been there since about...hmmm, February '11 if memory serves.

Oh, yeah I did.

Yeah I did.

Anyway, back to the present. If Memphis had a "Shop Around the Corner," this place would be it.


Although it's much larger than Kathleen Kelly's store, The Booksellers (previously a Davis-Kidd) is about the most charming place in which you'd ever want to spend an afternoon.

Older men set up shop for hours near the periodicals...

Younger ones explore the children's literature section with their parents...




And you can always count on the gift/holiday section to find perfectly seasonal trinkets for a loved one (or yourself).

On this particular day, however, my mission was the charming Bistro near the rear of the store.



It was just a few days after Christmas, and many families were enjoying brunch together before (I'm sure) hitting the road toward their respective hometowns.


I enjoyed a small--yet very good--garden salad immediately before my main course: the Bistro's famous tomato bleu cheese soup

This soup offers literally the perfect consistency. (I'm almost certain they use a food mill to achieve it.) It's not so thin that it's a sauce, yet not so thick that you're tripping over large chunks of tomato. It's just a perfectly thick tomato soup, made better--richer--by a healthy amount of bleu cheese throughout. A home run.
 

Definitely stop in the next time you're in the area! P.S. Wanna see what I had for dessert? Click here and scroll toward the bottom of the page :)

Bottom line: Would I eat there again? You can count on it.

Booksellers Bistro
387 Perkins Ext
Memphis, TN 38117

Bookseller Bistro on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment